Hypothetical reasoning or reasoning under assumptions is a key concept of logic, philosophy of science and mathematics. This conference focusses on its logical aspects, such as
- assumption-based calculi and their proof theory
- logical consequence from a proof-theoretic or model-theoretic point of view
- logics of conditionals
- proof systems
- structure of assumption-based proofs
- hypotheses in proof-theoretic semantics
- notions of implication
- substructural logics
- hypotheses in categorial logic
- logical aspects of scientific explanation
- hypothetical reasoning in mathematics
- reasoning from definitions and axioms
Call for contributed talks
We invite contributed talks on any of the topics mentioned above. Contributions on related topics are welcome, too.
We especially encourage young researchers, including students, to contribute.
There will be 12 slots for contributed talks (30 min) and 5 slots for shorter presentations.
If you are interested in contributing a talk, please send a one-page abstract to Thomas Piecha at Hypo-CfP@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de.
The deadline for submission is 22 April 2014. We will notify you by 15 May of acceptance or rejection.
Participants who do not want to give a talk are also welcome. In that case please send an email to Marine Gaudefroy-Bergmann by 31 July to register.
There will be a small conference fee covering coffee breaks.
For members of the University of Tübingen there is no conference fee.
Confirmed invited speakers
- Arnon Avron (Tel-Aviv University): TBA
- Michel Bourdeau (CNRS, IHPST): TBA
- Kosta Došen (Mathematical Institute, SANU): TBA
- Paul Egré (CNRS, Institut Jean-Nicod, Paris): TBA
- Andrzej Indrzejczak (Institute of Philosophy UŁ, Łódź): TBA
- Zoran Petrić (Mathematical Institute, SANU): TBA
- Francesca Poggiolesi (CNRS, CEPERC, Aix-en-Provence): TBA