The cross-CRP workshop "Proof and Dialogues (ProDi)" takes place at the University of Tübingen on 25-27 February 2011.
Invited Speakers include:
- Andreas R. Blass (University of Michigan)
- Laurent Keiff (University of Lille 3)
- Alain Lecomte (University of Paris 8)
- Kuno Lorenz (Universität des Saarlandes)
- George Metcalfe (University of Bern)
- Shahid Rahman (University of Lille 3)
- Helge Rückert (University of Mannheim)
- Morten Heine Sørensen (Formalit)
- Tero Tulenheimo (University of Lille 3)
The cross-CRP workshop "Dialogues, Inference, and Proof – Logical and Empirical Perspectives (DIPLEAP)" takes place at the Vienna University of Technology on 26-28 November 2010.
Traditional conceptions of logic model correct inference quite abstractly by Tarski style semantics or by reference to formal proof systems without much concern about empirical findings about human reasoning. The fact that logical inference has to be embedded in language use and thus implies communicative interaction between human agents, that is to be addressed also by empirical methods, is often neglected. The three EUROCORES/ LogICCC projects organising this workshop DiFoS, LcpR, and LoMoReVI address this challenge in various ways. The workshop aims at corresponding cross fertilization, stimulated by invited talks by external experts.
- Michiel van Lambalgen (Universiteit van Amsterdam)
- Keith Stenning (University of Edinburgh)
- Lance Rips (Northwestern University, WCAS, Illinois)
- David Over (Durham University)
The cross-CRP workshop "Modelling Interaction, Dialog, Social Choice, and Vagueness (MIDiSoVa)" takes place at the Institute for Logic, Language and Computation of the University of Amsterdam on 26-28 March 2010.